Among the large assortment of calls in the modern market for beginners it is difficult to decide on the choice of model. In this article we will tell a little about the types and properties of calls, give some advice on the choice. Let’s consider in more detail the peculiarities of choosing the best electronic coyote calls.
Calls for coyotes are made of different materials:
- Polycarbonate. The cost of calls from this material is usually not high, the sound is standard. It is quite suitable for use in almost any conditions.
- Wood. There are many different types of wood for the production of calls, the sound is directly dependent on the material, it can be a soft velvety sound of a young coyote or hoarse tone of an old wolf. After hunting calls, it is necessary to wipe with a cloth and dry in a room with a room temperature, in this case it will last a long time. The wood can also be specially processed and prepared to withstand different weather conditions. Here you won’t have to take care of its safety, but it costs more than a normal tree.
- Acrylic. One of the most durable materials, not afraid of moisture. The cost of such calls is usually higher, because of the initially more expensive raw materials and the way they are made. They have a good sound. This material is chosen by professionals.
Before buying you need to think about what areas are most often there will be a hunt for a coyote. Depending on the conditions, we will be able to narrow down the volume of calls. It is necessary to understand that there are no universal calls, it is better to have several variants of different range and volume on the suspension, for comfortable work at long and close distances. It will allow you to approach to the hunting for a coyote as professionally as possible and to achieve a positive result as a result.
Electronic calls is an audio playback device that plays pre-recorded coyote voices. Previously, conventional cassette recorders with powerful loudspeakers and amplifiers were used in this capacity. Modern electronic calls are compact devices created specially for work in the conditions of hunting.
Typical calls are a main body with a keyboard and one or two remote speakers. There are also compact models with integrated speakers. Modern devices use a memory card as their primary storage medium, making it easy to operate and pocket-sized. Most devices run on batteries and rechargeable batteries, so hunters will need to monitor the charge level.
What to look for when choosing electronic calls:
- Geese, coyotes are smart and careful. Only a clean, clear reproduction of a good voice recording of a coyote can give an effect that exceeds the wind calls. Interference and distortion can, on the contrary, scare away the beast.
- The system is protected from wind and moisture. In spring calls often have to be used in adverse conditions – cold, wind, rain, morning mist.
- Power speakers – the coyote should hear you well at height in open terrain.
- Ease of operation – When hunting, you’ll need to switch tracks, adjust volume, and quickly select the right audio track – any hiccup or miskey can scare the coyote.
In general, despite its simplicity, working with electronic calls also requires preparation. Simply turning on and playing the same tracks in a row can only alert the coyote. The cost of electronic devices will be much higher than the cost of wind analogues. In addition to the calls themselves, it is important to be able to use them effectively. Inexperienced hunters better practice in advance – and it is here that electronic calls or just record the voices of coyotes will help.